Consumers are at their most vulnerable when they trust in the safety of the products on store shelves. Yet, every single day people are injured and killed when product designers, manufacturers, and sellers across many industries focus on profit and stock price at the expense of product safety. At the Ammons Law Firm, our team of product defects lawyers and staff have successfully pursued many cases against negligent companies to fairly compensate those who have suffered because of their defective products.
Read three of our books about product defect issues involving defective passenger van design and child safety seats here:
Types of Defective Product Cases
Defective product cases in which people have been seriously injured and killed apply to industrial, medical, consumer, entertainment and recreational products. The product defect attorneys at The Ammons Law Firm can help your family find results that will bring relief for any of the following:
- Auto defects including tire failures and SUV rollover susceptibility, vehicle roofs that crush on impact, vehicle design flaws leading to post-collision fires, defective seat belts and seat backs, airbags, and defects causing sudden acceleration.
- ATV rollovers, with dangers associated most often with Yamaha Rhino models but also a concern with many other all terrain vehicle (ATV) models
- Unsafe drugs and medical devices including Paxil, Seroquel, Reglan, Levaquin, Yaz, Gadolinium, Fentanyl pain patches and dangerous diet drugs and supplements
- Toys and other child products – including toys containing lead or harmful chemicals, toys that pose a risk of choking and strangulation, combustible clothing, and defective strollers, child safety seats, cribs and bassinets
- Household and electronic products including water heaters, space heaters and laptop/notebook computers that pose risks of a fire, explosion or severe electrical burns, as well as electrocution
- Food for humans and pets including the recent pet food recal, and eColi tainted vegetables, meat and fruits
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Food and Drug Administration and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recall tens of thousands of products each year because of defects that make them unsafe.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a product defect, call or click here to contact to contact the product defect attorneys at The Ammons Law Firm today for a free consultation.
Consumer Product Safety Commission
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from more than 15,000 types of consumer products under the agency’s jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $700 billion annually. The CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard or can injure children. The CPSC’s work to ensure the safety of consumer products – such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals – contributed significantly to the 30 percent decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.
To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury, call CPSC’s hotline at (800) 638-2772 or CPSC’s teletypewriter at (800) 638-8270.